Rolled Oats and Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ stick (4 Tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1∕3 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1∕3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2∕3 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup raisins (or ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Mash the banana with a fork.
- Cut butter in half. In a microwave safe bowl, heat in microwave 10 15 seconds to soften. Be careful not to melt butter.
- In a large bowl, use a mixing spoon to blend butter, banana, and sugar.
- Add peanut butter and brown sugar. Continue mixing until completely combined.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Add flours and baking soda. Mix until smooth.
- Stir in rolled oats. If using chocolate chips or raisins, gently stir in now.
- Scoop dough with a teaspoon. Shape into 1 inch balls. Place dough balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Flatten dough balls by using a fork to make a criss cross pattern on the cookies.
- Bake on middle rack of oven until cookies are lightly browned on bottom, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven. Let sit 5 minutes to firm up. Remove from tray.
- Cookies may take a little more or less time to brown depending on your oven.
- For a quick snack, crumble cookies on top of ½ cup low fat plain yogurt.