Prep Time: 90 Minutes I Makes: 4 servings
- 4 bone in, skin on chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons orange or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 red onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 oranges, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- Turn the oven on and set the heat to 450 degrees.
- Put the chicken, orange or lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper in the bowl and mix well. Proceed with the recipe or cover and refrigerate up to overnight.
- Put the onions and oranges on the baking sheet, making sure they are in a single layer, not crowded on top of one another.
- Put the chicken and its marinade on top of the onions and oranges, and tilt the pan to distribute the marinade to the edges.
- Once the oven temperature has reached 450 degrees, carefully put the baking sheet in the oven and cook until the chicken is browned on top and cooked through, and the onions and fruit have softened and darkened, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Carefully move the chicken to the serving platter. Serve right away with the roasted fruit on top.