Makes: 6 servings
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 medium potatoes, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, thinly sliced OR 2 1/2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup onion, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, gently rubbed under cold running water, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup cheese, shredded
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat margarine or oil.
- Place half the potatoes, onions, green pepper, salt and pepper in skillet. Layer half the ham on top. Repeat.
- Cover and cook over low heat about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Pour eggs over potato mixture. Cook about 10 minutes or until the eggs are set and internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F when measured with a food thermometer.
- Top with cheese and heat until melted. Cut into wedges.