Ready in: 30 Minutes I Serves: 6
- 4 medium apples (tart ones work great)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar, or less depending on the sweetness of the apples
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Wash apples. Peel and core apples. Cut apples into 4 large pieces.
- Put cut apples, water, sugar and cinnamon in a 2-quart saucepan. Cover and cook at medium heat for 20 minutes.
- When soft, let apples cool, mash them with a fork or potato masher.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to one week or freeze for up to one month.
This recipe fills the house with the yummy smell of cooking apples!
Martha, mother of two, leaves some of the peels on hers for a coarser texture and extra nutrition. She says, “It’s so easy. I make it all the time. And it tastes better than the store-bought stuff.”