- 4 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 4 Tablespoons sliced or chopped almonds
- Non stick cooking spray
- ½ cup dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, apricots, dates, or prunes)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, add honey, oil, and cinnamon. Whisk with a fork.
- Add oats and almonds. Stir until well coated with honey mixture.
- Coat a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray. Spread oat mixture evenly onto sheet.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 10 15 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes to cook evenly. Watch closely to be sure granola does not burn. Remove from oven. Let cool completely.
- Transfer cooled granola to a medium bowl. Stir in dried fruit.
- Make large batches. Granola can be stored at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- Add milk to granola and eat like cereal. Use it to top a fruit salad or nonfat plain yogurt. Or, pack single servings in a zip top plastic bag. Eat on its own for a tasty afternoon snack.
- Use homemade granola in the yogurt parfait recipe.
- Use leftover rolled oats to make oatmeal for breakfast. Or use in rolled oats and peanut butter cookies recipe.