10 servings 50 minutes
- 2 pounds lean beef, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 can (15 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- ⅓ can (2 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (1 pound, 13 ounces) hominy
- In a large pot, heat oil. Brown beef.
- Add onion, garlic, salt, pepper, cilantro, cumin, and enough water to cover the meat. Cover with a lid and cook over low heat until meat is tender.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste. Continue cooking for about 20 minutes.
- Add hominy and cook for another 15 minutes over low heat. Stir often. Add water as needed.