Prep Time: 35 Minutes I Makes: 6 servings
- 1 1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup onion
- 3/4 cup corn
- 1/2 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 15 oz can low sodium black beans
Optional: 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- In a medium saucepan, bring broth, salsa, rice, and onion to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Stir corn, zucchini, bell pepper, and beans into hot rice and replace cover; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and serve immediately.
*Fresh, frozen or canned corn can be used in this recipe.