- 1 onion
- 2 table spoons of vegetable oil
- 1 big potato
- 1 15oz can of tomatoes
- 2 15oz cans of vegetable consome
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/2 cup of uncooked pasta
- 1 15oz can of red beans without liquid
- In a large pot over medium heat, add oil, onion and carrots. Cook until onion is soft.
- Add tomatoes, potatoes, broth and beans.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat. Place lid on the pot and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add macaroni and cook another 15 minutes. Taste and add salt and pepper, if desired.
- Make broth by adding 1 teaspoon or cube of bouillon (any flavor) for each cup of water. No broth? Use water and add seasonings like salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- No macaroni noodles? Any bite-size noodles work well.
- Use any vegetables you have on hand.