- 2 fillets tilapia or other white fish
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 lime juiced
- Turn your oven’s broiler to high.
- Mix the spices together in a small bowl. Sprinkle them over both sides of the fish and massage gently with your fingers to cover thoroughly in the spices.
- Lay the fish on a baking pan lined with aluminum foil.
- Broil for 4 to 7 minutes. The fish will cook very quickly, so after 4 minutes, check to see if they are done by gently inserting a butter knife into the thickest part. If it goes through easily and the fish flakes apart, you’re done. If the knife meets resistance and the fish stays together, put the fillets back under the broiler for another few minutes. Once you’ve done this once or twice, you’ll be able to tell when your fish is done at a glance.
- When the fish is done, squeeze lime juice all over it. Serve with rice or a favorite side dish like spicy green beans