Prep Time: 70 Minutes I Makes: 12 servings
- 2 packages (10 oz. each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 2 containers (15 oz. each) low-fat ricotta cheese or reduced-fat, small curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups (total) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (total) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar (26 oz.) marinara sauce or meatless pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 9 dry multigrain lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Use hands to squeeze thawed spinach to remove as much excess liquid as possible. Set spinach aside.
- In large bowl, use fork to beat eggs until combined.
- Add spinach, ricotta cheese or cottage cheese; 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella cheese; and 3/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese to the eggs. Mix well.
- Pour marinara or pasta sauce into medium bowl.
- Pour water into empty sauce jar. Cover and shake well. Uncover and stir into sauce in bowl.
- In 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish, layer in order: 1 cup of the sauce mixture, 3 lasagna noodles, half of the spinach mixture, 1 cup of the remaining sauce mixture, 3 of the remaining noodles, remaining spinach mixture, remaining noodles and remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Tightly cover dish with foil. Bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove foil from dish. Bake, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes more or until noodles are tender.
- Remove from oven. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Cut into squares to serve.