- 2-3 beets peeled and grated
- 1 cup chickpeas cooked or canned
- 3 Tbsp peanuts
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp chile sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the raw beets, removing the stems if necessary, then shred the beets with a box grater. Place the beets in a bowl along with the chickpeas and nuts.
- Mix up the dressing ingredients in another small bowl and stir to combine. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper to your liking.
- Add the dressing to the other bowl and mix up all the ingredients. Let it sit for about 5 minutes so that the flavors can soak into the vegetables and the beet juices can mingle with the dressing.